It’s hard to convert Gmail account to Workspace. Being not a tech savvy person, this might be difficult. After all, that’s something even I felt when I tried to migrate personal Gmail to Google. That’s why I’ve made this simple step-by-step guide that can help you do this without any errors. So, without wasting any time, let’s do it.
Before we convert Gmail account to Google Workspace, I want to let you know that there are a lot of things you should consider before migrating.
Type of Data: Understand that this process mainly moves email, specifically where there’s an attachment. Contacts, calendar data, or any other type of data stored in Gmail won’t be transferred through this process. If these are important to me, I’d dig into their migration separately.
Full Backup: Make sure to back up your data before starting any migration process. It will save you from losing your data in case there is something wrong while migrating.
Time Frame: Choose the desired time frame for migration. For instance, would you like to migrate all data from the past year, the past six months, three months, one month or a custom date range? This decision will also affect how long the migration process takes.
Additional Options: If so, there are options to migrate deleted or junk emails or exclude certain folders.
Account authorizing: Be ready to authorize for the migration process – especially if you log in using the Gmail password for this account. If you don’t have these credentials, now is a good time to get them.
Target Account: You should have a Google Workspace email address ready to which you want the migrated data to go. Ensure this account has enough storage so as to handle incoming traffic.
Gmail to Google Workspace
1. Go to Gmail.com and sign in with your Google Workspace details.
2. Go to the Admin console section, then click on “Accounts” and “Data Migration.”
3. Click on “Set up data migration” and pick “Gmail” as the source of the data.
4. Click on start.
5. Choose how much old data you want to move (like all data from the last year, last six months, three months, one month, or a specific time period). Not only that, but you can also select multiple migration options.
6. Right there you might see “Add user.” Click on it and put the Gmail address of the account you move the data from.
7. Below that source email, you’ll see the “Authorize” button and sign in with the Gmail password for that account to let it access your data. Click on ‘Start’ to proceed further.
8. Wait until it’s done moving data. You can see how it’s going by looking at the progress bar.
9. When it’s finished, look at the detailed status to make sure everything moved correctly.
10. Don’t worry if you encounter issues during the migration. It’s totally normal, and they can typically be resolved by verifying the account credentials or ensuring the data doesn’t exceed Google’s limits.
When the migration is done and see if it’s going alright. Go through your Gmail data in Google Workspace mailbox to make sure the Gmail has transferred correctly. If you notice anything missing or out of place, perhaps you’ll need to deal with troubleshooting migration issues or repeat the process.
Making Migration Easy
Back up your data before you migrate, so if anything goes wrong you have everything to fall back on. Although most people say that it doesn’t matter migrating during the off-peak hours or over the weekend, somehow, I feel this is true.
Taking data from one source to another takes resources. After migrating, it’s important to check if it was done successfully. I’d recommend checking Google Workspace mailbox to see if the data from the Gmail account has been done correctly. If you notice anything missing or out of place, you may need to troubleshoot migration issues or repeat the process.
Tips for a Smooth Migration
To ensure a hassle-free migration, here are some tips: Backup your data before migration, migrate during off-peak hours or over the weekend to avoid inconsistencies and make sure you’ve checked compatibility and have all the access rights.
The Bottom Line
When you want to migrate personal Gmail to Google Workspace, it might seem like a challenging task at first, but it’s a straightforward process once you get the hang of it. And the benefits it gets you returns everything for the effort we have done. After all, all the data you have been using in Gmail or Webmail is finally in your Google Workspace account.
If you’re looking for a hassle-free way to migrate your personal Gmail account to Google Workspace, then I highly recommend using Now Digital Easy. They will take care of everything for you, so you can focus on other things.